Skip to main content

The Next Chapter

The next part of my fitness journey is going to be an exciting one.  I'll give a bit of a background for my next chapter. Lately I have been thinking about the inspirational fitness women that I follow on Facebook, for example Pauline Nordin and Nicole Wilkins. I want to do more with the fitness and bring my message to more people. The message that I want to get across is that girls and women can do anything they want, especially in fitness. Writing this blog has me reflecting a lot lately and makes me think about the future of my journey.
My goal for the future is to hopefully motivate others to find their own fitness and not be afraid to do "manly" things.  I was thinking about how many women and girls are told they shouldn't do stuff just because it's not feminine.  Women who weight lift are told they are manly; women who fight in MMA are told they are scary and not feminine. Even women who are dancers or gymnists are told they are weak and "girly" in a negative manner. We are told things like we "hit like a girl" or "run like a girl" and I disagree. Some of the people who can hit the hardest and most likely to knock your ass out are badass women.  Some of the strongest and fastest people I know are women.  At home in the farm, I was wrestling calves, carrying hay bales and hauling full five gallon pails for chores just like my brothers and dad. I always knew that's just what I had to do. It had nothing to do with being manly, it's just what was expected of me.  Just ask my husband, my long time sparring partner if I hit like a girl!
This is what inspires me for the next chapter. I don't want the phrase "you _____ like a girl" to be an insult. I want it to be something to be proud of. But it's not just about fighting, it's about overall health. I want young girls to aspire to be healthy, strong and confident. So I came with the idea to be "Fit Like A Girl".  I have started a Facebook page called "Fit Like a Girl" and I am slowly building a website. 
I am also using my motivational phrase "Live Train Love & Fight".  For me it motivates my fitness in that I live to train and love to fight. I want people to find their own meaning for Live Train Love & Fight. Live can be meaning to live your life without regrets and making sure you live for what you want in life. Train can mean training physically for your fitness goals or to grow and learn as a person. Love is to love your life, love your body and be happy with who you are. And fight is to fight for your goals, fight disease, fight sexism, etc. I hope that people take the phrase and use it for their own motivation.  
I will continue my fitness journey and aim to be "fit like a girl"









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the Deal With Protein Powder?

If you look the majority of fitness or body building Facebook pages, Instagram feeds or websites, you'll see a bunch of confusing jargin! Take this supplement, take this fat burner, drink this fit tea, do this detox.  Don't forget Vitamin, A, E, D, B1, B12, Glutamine, Creatine, etc.  Its insane the amount of pills and things that the fitness industry brings about. I am not one takes a bunch of supplements, fat burners or a bunch of vitamins and minerals.  There are several health and scientific evidence as to why I don't do that; but in short I just don't have the need to.  I am not a serious body building competitor, and it seems like a lot of effort to boot! I take really only two "supplements" with my workouts; BCAA's during my workouts and protein powder after.  I will talk about protein powder for today and touch base on BCAA's later. I started reading into protein powders a little more lately because I knew I wanted valid information to wri