Skip to main content

5pm Crash & Burn

Yesterday and today were my early days for getting up and working out in the morning.  I slept in a little bit today till 5:30 am, I didn't have to work till 8:30 so I had some time. I did my workout and got a coffee and headed to work feeling great!  For most of the day, I actually felt pretty good, a little tired but not too bad, that is until 5 pm. It was like Cinderella at midnight, I may as well have turned into a pumpkin (like the carriage).  My brain became foggy, I couldn't concentrate, and my contacts started bothering me. Thank god I thought to bring my glasses; so I took out my contacts and put my glasses on.
On the way home from work, I was so tired.  I knew it wasn't because I was hungry or anything like that because I just ate a bunch of food at 4:30pm.  I didn't want to have a coffee because I can be sensitive to coffee and it would keep me up all night.  On the other hand, I knew that I couldn't just go home and take a nap, otherwise I wouldn't recover from it.  I've done the nap thing before when I was super tired and it made my exhaustion worse.  So I headed home and kept myself busy by cleaning my horribly messy kitchen and ate an apple.  After a while, its like the smoke cleared and I got my second wind.  I didn't necessarily feel like running a marathon but I didn't feel like falling into a coma anymore.
I do understand how when people get tired during the mid afternoon crash that the tendency is to reach for sugary foods to give a boost.  We had some cookies at work and all I wanted to do is devour the whole bag to give myself an energy kick.  However, I knew that after that I would crash even harder and be in a worse situation.
This whole getting up super early for workouts and then doing full time job plus Ju Jitsu is going to take some getting used to.  However like I said in my last post, I am willing to do the work to get to where I want to be.  I may need to take a step back tomorrow and regroup myself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the Deal With Protein Powder?

If you look the majority of fitness or body building Facebook pages, Instagram feeds or websites, you'll see a bunch of confusing jargin! Take this supplement, take this fat burner, drink this fit tea, do this detox.  Don't forget Vitamin, A, E, D, B1, B12, Glutamine, Creatine, etc.  Its insane the amount of pills and things that the fitness industry brings about. I am not one takes a bunch of supplements, fat burners or a bunch of vitamins and minerals.  There are several health and scientific evidence as to why I don't do that; but in short I just don't have the need to.  I am not a serious body building competitor, and it seems like a lot of effort to boot! I take really only two "supplements" with my workouts; BCAA's during my workouts and protein powder after.  I will talk about protein powder for today and touch base on BCAA's later. I started reading into protein powders a little more lately because I knew I wanted valid information to wri