Skip to main content

My Top 5 Personal Fitness Goals

When I started my new fitness lifestyle, I had a few goals in mind.  I want to change my lifestyle for the better and keep it for life.  I am pushing myself to be stronger, healthier and better.  For me, its not about being skinny, nor is it because I hate my body and want a new one.  I love my body and what it can do.  I am constantly surprised at what I have been able to push myself to do so far, and I live for the challenge of where I want to go from here.  I want to be stronger, faster and better.  I want to be a better fighter; I want to lift more weight; I want more muscle.  I do not want people to see me and think, "wow she is skinny!" I want them to think "she looks strong and athletic!".  I personally do not want to be a body builder, its not my personal goal, I do want to be healthy and strong for life.  
I also have some smaller, more short term goals that will help lead me to where I want to be.

1.  I want to be able to do an unassisted pull up!
     I know it can't be that hard, however most of my body mass is in my lower body and not as much in my upper body.  It makes doing a unassisted straight pull up a bit difficult.  However I am trying and I use resistant bands to give myself a bit of a leg up.  I do feel like I am getting there, slowly but surely I will do a pull up! 

2.  I want to start competing in Ju Jitsu tournaments again. 
      Its been a couple of years since I last competed at a tournament.  I want to work on my grappling and striking skills and start doing more tournaments.  What good is all this training if I am not competing and giving myself something to to work towards?  

3.  I want to obtain my Personal Training Certification.
     This is something that I am saving up for so I can do.  I want to expand my knowledge of fitness and nutrition.  I feel that fitness, like Martial Arts is an ever changing and expanding field that I can constantly be learning and applying to myself and hopefully clients.

4.  I want to have better cardio.  
     I already feel that my cardio has improved a lot compared to when I started, but I want to be better.  I have always been a short distance runner, I can't run much farther than 5-7 km.  I am also not a fast runner, I would like to improve on that too.  The HIIT sprinting for sure helps out and my fighting stamina has come a long way.  But I want more! 

5.  I want more muscles in my legs.
     I have developed quite a bit in my upper body compared to when I started and my legs are slowly starting to catch up.  I am starting to see more and more muscle in my legs and I feel like I am getting stronger.  I want to lift heavier in my squats and concentrate more on leg exercises.  

A great UFC fighter named Ronda Rousey recently said that she was not made to be a "Do Nothing Bitch", I like that quote because its the type of person I do not want to be either.  I want to constantly be striving and never satisfied.  Once I have obtained these goals, I want to make more goals.  Life would't be interesting if there wasn't challenges in my opinion.  I have plans, great plans and this is just the start.  


   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the Deal With Protein Powder?

If you look the majority of fitness or body building Facebook pages, Instagram feeds or websites, you'll see a bunch of confusing jargin! Take this supplement, take this fat burner, drink this fit tea, do this detox.  Don't forget Vitamin, A, E, D, B1, B12, Glutamine, Creatine, etc.  Its insane the amount of pills and things that the fitness industry brings about. I am not one takes a bunch of supplements, fat burners or a bunch of vitamins and minerals.  There are several health and scientific evidence as to why I don't do that; but in short I just don't have the need to.  I am not a serious body building competitor, and it seems like a lot of effort to boot! I take really only two "supplements" with my workouts; BCAA's during my workouts and protein powder after.  I will talk about protein powder for today and touch base on BCAA's later. I started reading into protein powders a little more lately because I knew I wanted valid information to wri