Skip to main content

Why I Want to be a Personal Trainer

I just got my stuff in the mail yesterday for my personal training course next month.  I am very excited for this new opportunity.
As I've gone along my fitness journey over the past year, I've made up my mind that this lifestyle is something I want to adhere to for the rest of my life. 
I do already have a successful career as a Veterinary Technologist and it is a job that I am good at- I don't mean to blow my own horn, but it's true.  I went to college and graduated 3.5 years ago.  I do not intend to stop being a Vet Tech- I love my job; however, I want to add another aspect into my life that includes my love for fitness.  This way I can do what I love and have the best of both worlds.  I can do fitness, Ju Jitsu and still work with animals and have the science and medical fun that goes along with it. I can put in IV catheters and deal with puppies and kittens and then go teach Ju Jitsu and then go do some personal training... Why not?!?
I realize it won't be that easy, but it wouldn't be much fun if it was easy.

I love the idea of being a personal trainer because I want to encourage people to find their own fit. I want to show people how to be active, healthy and how it will benefit their lives so much. 
I also want to encourage young women in their own fitness journeys and to concentrate on being healthy, strong and confident, not just concentrate on silly things like thigh gaps.  I don't want to empower women, but rather teach them to empower themselves.  I want to show them that they can accomplish anything they set their minds to, even if it's not conventional.  Yes, you can lift that weight and win that fight. This is the premise I want to bring to my personal training and get my message out there.  

I also love that physical fitness is always changing and growing. There is always room to improve and get better, run faster, lift heavier and fight harder.  To me, I approach fitness the same way I approach Ju Jitsu; I can always get better.  That is the fun part, the feeling of "I've accomplished this, now what can I do next?"  It's fun to think of where you'll be in 6 months or a year compared to now. I think of how far I've come already on my journey and I'm curious to see where I go from here. 

I hope to learn more about building muscle and catering programs for people's specific goals.  I want to learn more about nutrition and helping others understand more about fueling your body and making lifelong goals for people to work with for the rest of their lives.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the Deal With Protein Powder?

If you look the majority of fitness or body building Facebook pages, Instagram feeds or websites, you'll see a bunch of confusing jargin! Take this supplement, take this fat burner, drink this fit tea, do this detox.  Don't forget Vitamin, A, E, D, B1, B12, Glutamine, Creatine, etc.  Its insane the amount of pills and things that the fitness industry brings about. I am not one takes a bunch of supplements, fat burners or a bunch of vitamins and minerals.  There are several health and scientific evidence as to why I don't do that; but in short I just don't have the need to.  I am not a serious body building competitor, and it seems like a lot of effort to boot! I take really only two "supplements" with my workouts; BCAA's during my workouts and protein powder after.  I will talk about protein powder for today and touch base on BCAA's later. I started reading into protein powders a little more lately because I knew I wanted valid information to wri