Skip to main content

Recipe: Protein Muffins

This is one of my husbands favorite recipes and its super easy to make.  I made up this recipe with a couple of bananas that were going bad.  Each muffin contains approx 5 grams of protein depending on how much protein is in your protein powder.  There is zero sugar and they do taste great! They freeze well and I like them for when you need something quick before the gym or to take camping, hiking, etc.

This recipe makes approx 24 muffins.

Ingredients:
  • 2.5 cups Oat Bran
  • 3 whole eggs
  • 3 egg whites
  • Protein powder, I use 2 scoops of Vegan Vanilla Protien Powder which is 25g protein per scoop
  • 2 bananas
  • 2.5 tsp of Baking powder
  • 1.5 cups water 
  • 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
  • 1 tsp Grated, Unsweetened Dark Chocolate (optional)

Recipe:
  1. Preheat oven to 375F
  2. In a large mixing bowl mix together eggs and cut up bananas.  Mash with a fork or potato masher to make into a mush
                                              

3.  Add Protein powder, oat bran and baking powder.  Mix well by hand then add water.  Add 1/2 water first, then mix with a hand mixer, then add the other half until it reaches the proper consistency
                                                  

4.  Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to fill non stick muffin tin.  Each should be approximately 2/3 full.  NOTE: if you do not have a non stick muffin tin, you can use a small amount of cooking spray or cupcake liners.
                                                  

5.  Bake in oven at 375F for 20 minutes.  Let cool and freeze if desired
                                                  


NOTE: I use Vegan protein powder as a preference   My husband does not tolerate other protein powders so hence we use Vegan.  Regular Whey powders should work just fine :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the Deal With Protein Powder?

If you look the majority of fitness or body building Facebook pages, Instagram feeds or websites, you'll see a bunch of confusing jargin! Take this supplement, take this fat burner, drink this fit tea, do this detox.  Don't forget Vitamin, A, E, D, B1, B12, Glutamine, Creatine, etc.  Its insane the amount of pills and things that the fitness industry brings about. I am not one takes a bunch of supplements, fat burners or a bunch of vitamins and minerals.  There are several health and scientific evidence as to why I don't do that; but in short I just don't have the need to.  I am not a serious body building competitor, and it seems like a lot of effort to boot! I take really only two "supplements" with my workouts; BCAA's during my workouts and protein powder after.  I will talk about protein powder for today and touch base on BCAA's later. I started reading into protein powders a little more lately because I knew I wanted valid information to wri